Research-to-practice techniques for real-world classroom implementation
We apply specific coaching methods that bridge the research-to-practice gap in the classroom, supporting teachers every step of the way as they implement and/or refine new ideas and methods.
Our consultants understand the importance of building trust with teachers and are adept at encouraging and supporting staff as they implement new ideas and methods
We recognize that the greatest area of struggle for educators is not learning a new skill, but implementing it in the classroom, coined the “implementation dip” by Fuller (2001). Using this research as a foundation, consultants with Side-by-Side Educational Consulting apply specific in-class and/or virtual coaching methods that include:
- initial data analysis and observations to determine need;
- side-by-side lesson planning;
- in-class demonstrations and coaching at point-of-use;
- focused observations and coordinated debriefing sessions to reflect, revise, and refine instructional practice
Because we recognize that teachers come from different places in their own instructional practice, we meet them where they are and differentiate our coaching, professional development, and support to ensure their success
To build capacity and sustainability, we assist on-site coaches as they build the systems and processes for success, such as:
- data review with targeted next step actions
- facilitating classroom peer visits
- coaching effective lesson planning
- walking through a coaching cycle from beginning to end, including preconference/goal setting, in-class coaching, and debriefing
More Side-by-Side Services
We are committed to helping educational administrators and teachers fulfill their goals of student achievement.
Read more by following the links below to learn how Side-by-Side can help your program or school.
PO Box 15238 • Wilmington, NC 28408
389 Canoe Gulch Rd • Libby, MT 59923